What is Mercedes BlueEFFICIENCY?
When purchasing a Mercedes-Benz car, you may occasionally come across the BlueEFFICIENCY trademark. In this article, we’re going to explain what it is, why it’s important and why you should consider purchasing a Mercedes-Benz car with this trademark.
The idea behind BlueEFFICIENCY is to reduce pollutants produced by Mercedes-Benz cars. In a world where we’re becoming more and more aware of our carbon footprint, it makes sense that the purchase decisions we make should take into consideration the effect it will have on the environment. This is why Mercedes-Benz has created the BlueEFFICIENCY trademark–it’s a way to show that the company is aware of the purchase decisions we make and is actively taking steps to reduce the pollutants produced by their vehicles.
The BlueEFFICIENCY system works in the following way:
• A diesel oxidation reduces the amounts of carbon monoxide and hydrocarbon emissions
• A catalytic converter begins the initial elimination of oxides of nitrogen
• A filter traps soot particle and stores them before burning them when the filter fills
• The ECO begin/stop work turns the motor off for a brief moment when the vehicle stops, lowering power consumption especially during urban stop/start traffic
• The alternator handling will gather energy from the braking system, resulting in reduced gas usage
• The sensor in the battery system will actively check voltage and temperature levels to contribute to more effective storage
• Engineers have adjusted the tires for optimal rolling resistance, requiring lower energy while driving to reduce gas usage
The alternator is one of the key components of the BlueEFFICIENCY system. Each time a car brakes, the vehicle converts the kinetic energy into heat which is then wasted. In a Mercedes-Benz with BlueEFFICIENCY, the alternator system gathers energy that is used for braking and converts it into electrical energy. This helps to save fuel at around 0.1 litre per 100 km on paper, and up to 0.2 litres per 100 kilometres when driving in urban environments where stopping and starting is more common.
These BlueEFFICIENCY system changes will ultimately result in a more economical and eco-friendlier Mercedes-Benz vehicle. It shows that the company is committed to reducing emissions on a large scale and passing more advantages on to consumers.
BlueEFFICIENCY vehicles are for people that are conscious about their carbon emissions. It helps to ensure that Mercedes-Benz customers can continue to live green lifestyles while still utilizing some of the most advanced vehicles available on the market.
At Sinclair Mercedes, we have several Mercedes-Benz vehicles that have the BlueEFFICIENCY trademark. If you’re looking for a vehicle that has lower emissions and can help support your greener lifestyle while also offering you better fuel economy, then a Mercedes-Benz with the BlueEFFICIENCY mark is a good choice.
If you have any questions regarding BlueEFFICIENCY or Mercedes-Benz in general, do contact us today. We have a friendly team of staff ready and willing to answer any questions and concerns that you may have.